Achieve Healthier Habits in 2021 with Westby Cottage Cheese
Dec 29, 2020 (Westby, WI)
The new year is a perfect time to start fresh, especially after a year like 2020. If one of your goals is to form healthier eating habits, don’t forget to add Westby cottage cheese to your grocery list.
Low in calories and rich in calcium and protein, cottage cheese is a healthful, creamy treat. If you’re looking to add more protein to your diet, a half-cup serving of Westby’s 4% cottage cheese contains 11 grams of protein and the added benefit of calcium and potassium.
Cottage cheese is also low in calories and sugar with just four grams of sugar per half-cup. By comparison, vanilla yogurt has about 23 grams of sugar.
If you’ve been hesitant to delve into this dairy delight in the past, now is a great time to try the best cottage cheese in the world – literally! Westby Creamery won the 2020 World Championship Cheese Contest with its 4% small curd cottage cheese. Plus, there is an organic variety in addition to the regular version.
There are innumerable ways to dress up this mild, fresh dairy food:
- For a savory snack, add bacon bits.
- For breakfast, add fresh berries and chia seeds.
- For dinner, try this deliciously creamy quesadilla recipe here.
- For dessert try this no-bake, three ingredient recipe here.
Perhaps your goals for 2021 are focused on enriching your community and those in it. A simple purchase of Westby cottage cheese will turn over a trifecta of positivity for you and our small communities of farmers. Westby believes that buying cottage cheese feels good, tastes good and is good because:
- Purchasing Westby cottage cheese helps keep small, family farms in business.
- Westby cottage cheese tastes better than mass-produced alternatives due to its small vat style production, and we have the 2020 World Championship Cheese contest award to prove it.
- Westby cottage cheese is a great low-calorie source of protein and calcium.
So, whether you scoop it up on your favorite cracker like a dip, sprinkle bacon bits on top for a savory treat or add fresh fruit for a filling breakfast, Westby cottage cheese is back in style and ready to support your nutrition needs.