Cottage Cheese – Real. Affordable. Protein!
Dec 30, 2021 (Westby, WI)
Another year is another opportunity for a fresh start. If one of your goals is to form healthier eating habits, don’t forget to add Westby Creamery Cottage Cheese to your grocery list.
Low in calories and rich in calcium and protein, cottage cheese is a healthful, creamy treat. If you’re looking to add more protein to your diet, a half-cup serving of Westby’s 4% cottage cheese contains 11 grams of protein and the added benefit of calcium and potassium.
Not to mention it’s also more affordable than other common protein sources. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, average ground beef prices in the Midwest are up almost 21% from last year. In November 2021, the average price per pound was $5.09. While the average price per pound of Westby cottage cheese is $3.29.
Additionally, it’s a lean source of protein. According to the University of Rochester Medical School, a 4 oz. serving of ground beef has about 21 grams of protein but with 12 grams of fat. With 11 grams per serving (3.88 oz.), Westby 4% cottage has just 4.5 grams of fat. For an even leaner option, Westby 2% cottage has just 2.5 grams of fat with the same 11 grams of protein per serving.
Cottage cheese is also low in sugar with just four grams per serving. By comparison, vanilla yogurt has about 23 grams of sugar.
There are innumerable ways to dress up this mild, fresh dairy food. Whether it’s for breakfast, lunch, dinner or snacking, here are a few delicious recipes to choose from:
- Protein Packed Pancakes.
- Healthy Homemade Alfredo Sauce.
- Ooey-gooey-cheesy Quesadillas.
- Denise’s Game Day Lasagna.
- Three-Ingredient Dessert.
- Cathy’s New York Cheesecake.
Or enjoy it straight from the container!
Perhaps your goals for 2022 are focused on enriching your community and those in it. A simple purchase of Westby Creamery Cottage Cheese will turn over a trifecta of positivity for you and our small communities of farmers. Westby believes that buying cottage cheese feels good, tastes good, and is good because:
- Purchasing Westby Creamery Cottage Cheese helps keep small, family farms in business.
- Westby cottage cheese tastes better than mass-produced alternatives due to its small vat style production, and we have the 2020 World Championship Cheese contest award to prove it.
- It’s an affordable protein source at just $3.29/lb.
- There’s no preparation required. So if you’re short on time or low on groceries, it’s delicious and ready to eat as is.
Find Westby Creamery’s family of Cottage Cheese at your local grocer through our store locator or stop by 206 South Main Street in Westby, Wisconsin to pick up yours today.