Westby Creamery News

Five Awesome Facts About Westby Creamery Farms

Five Awesome Facts About Westby Creamery Farms
Dec 09, 2019 (Westby, WI)

Fact #1 – Westby Creamery is farmer-owned.

Jersey Calf named LuLu is from Klinkner farm located in Viroqua, WI

“Lulu” can be found on the Klinkner farm in Viroqua, WI.

Founded in 1903, Westby Cooperative Creamery is one of the oldest dairy cooperatives in the U.S. that is collectively guided by its farmer-owners. 

Fact #2 – Happy herds.
Our farms are second- and third-party audited as part of the national FARM program. This helps farmers achieve the highest levels of herd comfort, health and happiness.

Fact #3 – Our cows have names.
Our farms are small and family-owned. This means most of the cows have names like: Sunny, Lollipop, Sam, Holly, Rebel, Heart and LuLu.

Fact #4 – Organic and conventional.
Approximately 75% of Westby Creamery farms are certified organic. The other 25% are conventional, which means the cooperative is uniquely positioned to serve both markets.

Fact #5 – rBST-Free.
rBST-free means Westby Cooperative Creamery farmers never inject their cows with hormones to increase milk production.

Connect with Us

Receive updates about the care and passion that goes into our dairy foods – from our team and farmers to your table. Include your birthdate to receive a special gift from us for your birthday.
  • Date Format: MM slash DD slash YYYY