Butter Candle for Two
Feb 08, 2023
Did you know you can make a candle out of butter? Start date night with this fun and exciting appetizer that only gets better as the night goes on. It’s easy to make and is sure to ignite your taste buds. Fresh, quality ingredients are key to the experience, so be sure to use Westby Creamery sweet cream butter – made in small batches and with as few ingredients as possible.
- 1 stick of Westby sweet cream butter
- Your herbs and spices of choice, we used roughly:
- 4 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp of rosemary
- 1 tbsp of sage
- About 4 inches of food safe twine (for the wick)
- A cob loaf of bread
- Over low heat, melt one stick of Westby sweet cream butter.
- While the butter slowly melts, add in herbs and spices.
- Let the butter and herbs sit on low heat for 5 minutes. (Low heat is crucial here so you do not burn the butter.)
- Optional: strain butter to remove large chunks of herbs.
- Cut off the top of a soda can or use a disposable cup and place your twine (wick) before adding in the melted butter. (Pro tip: Use a straw or chop stick to hold the wick in place.)
- Pour butter into disposable cup.
- Place in the freezer for about 30 minutes or until the butter is solidified.
- While the butter is solidifying, cut out a hole for the butter in the middle of your cob loaf.
- Once the candle is ready, carefully peel off the can or cup and place hardened butter in the loaf.
- Light the wick and patiently wait for deliciousness. (Butter will soften after 10-15 minutes.)