Three Cheers for this Three-Ingredient Cottage Cheese Dessert Recipe
May 04, 2020
If you’re looking for a sweet treat with an added dose of protein, look no further than this three-ingredient cottage cheese Jell-O dessert. This dessert is the perfect sweet treat during warmer months because it requires no baking. Plus, the calcium in cottage cheese helps keep your bones strong.
All you need is:
- 12 ounces of Westby small curd 2% or 4% cottage cheese – your choice
- 8 ounces of cool whip – refrigerated, not frozen
- One 4 oz strawberry Jell-O packet
- Fresh strawberries to garnish *Optional
- 8 oz of drained crushed pineapple for a tropical kick *Optional
To get started, simply empty 12 oz of Westby’s award-winning cottage cheese into a large mixing bowl.
Add 8 ounces of Cool Whip and blend by hand with a large spoon or rubber spatula.
Finally, sprinkle the Jell-O packet on top the cottage mixture and blend the granules in until they are mostly melted.
That’s it. You’re done. You can serve immediately or refrigerate covered until dessert time. For those who want a tropical flavor with the added kick of vitamin C, you can add 8 ounces of drained crushed pineapple. For more information, view our instructional video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJyJFTlo3yw&t=72s