PB and Chocolate Dessert Bark
Jun 01, 2023
Cottage cheese recipes are on the rise and for good reason! Cottage cheese is a great source of protein and calcium. This one will only take you about five minutes to put together and will be your go-to sweet snack for the summer. You can swap the peanut butter and chocolate for some berries and bananas if you would prefer a fruity treat, but it’s best you stick with a high-quality cottage cheese – like Westby Creamery 4% or 2% small curd cottage cheese – to get a nice creamy consistency and flavor.
- 16 oz Westby cottage cheese (Use 2% for a lower calorie option)
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 3 tbsp of dark chocolate chips (melted)
- Granola or nut of choice to sprinkle on top
- Blend cottage cheese, honey and peanut butter until smooth. (We used a single-serve blender, but a traditional blender or food processer should also work.)
- Pour mixture onto a parchment lined baking sheet and spread mixture evenly, about a ¼ of an inch thick, into a rectangular shape.
- Melt chocolate chips and add teaspoon-sized dollops onto the mixture. Use a knife to swirl chocolate around.
- Sprinkle on granola or nuts and place in the freezer for about 3 hours or until firm.
- Cut or break into 15-20 pieces and serve. Store in a sealed freezer bag for up to 3 months.