Customizable Chicken Taco Pizza
Aug 09, 2021
Spice up Taco Tuesday with this delicious chicken taco pizza! It’s quick and easy to assemble and can be customized to fit you and your family’s own personal tastes. Picky eater? Make it simple. Prefer a heaping salad atop of your pizza? Add all the toppings your heart desires. Just like there are plenty of ways to customize this chicken taco pizza to your liking—there are plenty of ways to use the NEW squeezable Westby all-natural sour cream. Here is just one way:
- 2 cups of shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup salsa
- 16 oz. can refried beans
- 1 premade 12” pizza crust
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- NEW squeezable Westby sour cream pouch
- Diced tomato
- Green onion
- Crushed Doritos
(Note: Any of the above ingredients can be reduced or increased to your preferred amount.)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Shred 2 cups of rotisserie chicken and add to a saucepan over low to medium heat. Sprinkle packet of taco seasoning over chicken and add ¼ cup of water. Mix until chicken is evenly coated in seasoning and cook for 3 min.
- Empty can of refried beans into a microwave safe container. Follow the can’s heating instructions. Add ¼ cup of salsa and mix.
- Spread bean and salsa mixture on pizza crust. Add 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese and seasoned chicken.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes. Crust should start to turn a golden brown when ready.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and add shredded lettuce. (Add any additional desired toppings such as tomatoes, cilantro, green onion and/or crushed Doritos.)
- Last but certainly not least, squeeze on Westby sour cream in a circular motion around the pizza.
Westby Cooperative Creamery dairy products are widely distributed in the Upper Midwest. To find a store near you, visit the store locator here and enter your zip code. Or, stop by the Westby Creamery Cheese Store at 206 South Main Street, Westby.