Jalapeno Poppin’ Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Apr 06, 2021
Add a pop of flavor to the typical grilled cheese sandwich! This recipe uses a tasty combination of flavors found in jalapeno poppers, and it takes less than 15 minutes to prepare. It’s rich and creamy with a nice crunch from fresh jalapenos.
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1 tbsp Westby sour cream
- 1 cup Westby shredded medium cheddar cheese
- 2 small jalapenos (diced)
- 4 slices of sourdough bread
- 2 tsp Westby sweet cream butter
- Dice 2 small jalapeno peppers. (Tip: If you’re not a fan of heat, remove seeds prior to dicing.)
- Soften the cream cheese and combine with garlic powder, sour cream, shredded cheese and jalapenos in a medium sized bowl to create the jalapeno popper mixture.
- Spread 1 tsp of butter on one side of a slice of sourdough bread.
- Bring a sauce pan or griddle to medium heat and place the bread butter side down.
- Spread of the half jalapeno popper mixture on to bread and top with another slice. Let cook for about 3 min and flip. Cook for another 2 min.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients and enjoy!
Find all of your favorite local dairy products at the Westby Creamery cheese store! Stop by 206 South Main St., Westby or shop online here: www.westbycreamery.com/shop-online/.