Ooey-gooey-cheesy Quesadillas with Westby Cottage Cheese
Dec 29, 2020
Calling all Westby Creamery cheese lovers: This quesadilla recipe will fulfill all of your ooey-gooey cheese cravings. Unique to this quesadilla recipe is Westby cottage cheese. It provides a perfect level of creaminess you didn’t even know was missing. You will never want to make another quesadilla without it!
- ½ cup of 4% Westby small curd cottage cheese
- ½ cup of freshly shredded Westby medium cheddar cheese
- ½ cup of shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup of shredded Monterey jack
- Diced red onion or scallions
- Smoked paprika
- 4 medium tortillas (2 quesadillas) OR 2 large tortillas (1 quesadilla)
- Westby sour cream
- Fresh cilantro
- Mix shredded cheddar, mozzarella, Monterey jack and cottage cheese in a bowl.
- Mix in desired amount of diced red onion or scallions.
- Spread mixture over tortilla(s) and sprinkle smoked paprika. Top with remaining tortilla(s).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- Let sit for 2 minutes until slightly firm and cut into quarters.
- Top with guacamole, sour cream, and/or cilantro to garnish.
For an added side, cook 1 can of sweet corn (drained) with 1 tbsp of Westby sweet cream butter, garlic salt, pepper, chili powder, dash of lime juice, ¼ Westby grated parmesan and ½ cup of salsa. Stir over medium heat for 5 minutes and enjoy!
Find all of your dairy ingredients at the Westby creamery cheese store located at 206 South Main St. in Westby, Wis. Or shop our online store and have it delivered right to your door.