Air-Fryer Chili Cheese Fries
Aug 09, 2021
Make your own drive-in favorite at home. All you need are some fresh Westby dairy products, a few other ingredients, and an air-fryer. This recipe wouldn’t be complete without Westby’s NEW all-natural sour cream pouch. Simply flip the cap off, squeeze on your desired amount and close for a delicious, mess-free finish.
- 15 oz. can of Hormel chili
- Westby shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 lb. Russet potatoes (Or frozen, premade French fries)
- Westby all-natural sour cream pouch
- 2 tsp salt (1 tsp if using frozen fries)
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Aluminum foil
Skip steps 1 and 2 if using frozen, premade French fries.
- Peel potatoes and cut into French fry sized pieces. (About ¼-½ inch thick. Too thin will make it difficult to lift from under the chili cheese without breaking.)
- Fill a large bowl with ice water and 1 tsp of salt. Place French fries in water for 30 min. to an hour then drain and pat dry.
- Mix remaining salt, pepper, garlic powder, chili powder and paprika in a small bowl. Pour olive oil and seasoning mixture over fries and mix to evenly coat each fry.
- Lay aluminum foil in the bottom of the air fryer and add fries. Cook for 15 minutes at 380 degrees in air fryer. Flip French fries and cook for another 5-10 min or until desired crispness. (Frozen fries may take less time. Check in after 10 min.)
- Follow heating instructions for Hormel chili.
- Remove fries from air fryer and top with shredded cheese and chili. Squeeze on a dollop of Westby all-natural sour cream, sprinkle chopped green onion (optional) and enjoy!