Shipping & Returns Policy
- Regular Ground Shipping (5-7 days) – Flat Rate $20
- Expedited shipping rates are dependent on destination.
- We ship UPS, FedEx, and USPS within the continental U.S. We use whichever is the most optimal method based on package destination.
Shipping During Spring/Summer Months – Food Safety Notice
Due to increased chances of food borne illnesses in the warmer months, we require the purchase of an insulated cooler box and ice packs for ALL orders.
Frequently Asked Shipping Questions
- Do you ship to Post Office boxes?
No, we do not ship to Post Office boxes.
- Do you guarantee an arrival date and/or ship on weekends?
No, specific arrival date is not guaranteed. We do not ship on weekends or Federal holidays. 5-7 business days do not count weekends.
- Does cheese travel well?
Yes, cheese travels well! It is not uncommon for perishable items to get a little warm during transit. Though this may be alarming and out of the ordinary to some, cheese is best consumed warm; it brings out the natural flavors and allows you to get the ‘real feel’ of what a cheese really is. If you receive a package that seems to be above a normal ‘cool’ temperature, your product is still safe to consume. We recommend opening packages immediately upon arrival and placing your perishable items in the refrigerator. If you have any concerns regarding your package, beyond warm product, please feel free to contact the retail store to get some reassurance.
- When should I choose 1-Day or Express?
If shipping to California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, or Florida we strongly encourage you to choose 1-Day or Express shipping to alleviate the risk of spoiled or melted cheese.
- Should I add an insulated box to my order?
If the average temperature in your area is 45 degrees or above, a cooler box is needed and should be added to your order before you check out. If a cooler IS NOT purchased, we will contact you to manually add a cooler box to you order, resulting in an additional 10% service fee. Thank you for understanding as food safety and protecting your perishable products are our main priority. We are not responsible for product spoilage during transit if insulated box and ice packs and expedited shipping precautions aren’t taken by the customer at the time the order was placed.
- I live outside the Midwest. Should I be concerned about temperature during shipping?
If the average temperature in your area is 45 degrees or above, a cooler box is needed and should be added to your order before you check out. If a cooler IS NOT purchased, we will contact you to manually add a cooler box to you order, resulting in an additional 10% service fee. Thank you for understanding as food safety and protecting your perishable products are our main priority. ALL orders will be evaluated for temperature based on of shipping destination, the use of an insulated box, and the need to expedite shipping, upon order received.
- Can the weather cause issues with my order arriving on time?
Yes, if there is severe weather and/or bad road conditions during shipment packages can get delayed once leaving our facility. Sometimes we will pause shipments deemed high-risk until it is safe to ship again. You can always check FedEx’s Weather Service Alerts and UPS’s Service Alerts to see if there are any disruptions in your area.
- How early should I order during the holidays?
We suggest ordering early during the holiday season to ensure any gifts arrive on time.
- What if my order is damaged when I receive it?
We will not be held liable for weather damage, damage due to actions/neglect by the shipping company, or damage by the receiver.
- I selected FedEx 1-Day, when will my order be delivered?
FedEx 1-Day Shipping does not mean that you will receive your order the next day. 1-Day refers to the time your order is in transit to you from our facility. You can expect your order to ship (leave our facility) within 5-7 business days of when your order was placed. Once you receive your shipping confirmation email, please pay close attention to your package as it travels since packages can get delayed once leaving our facility.
- How can I get my order faster so I have it in time for a special occasion?
If your order needs to arrive faster, please call our store at (608) 634-3181 ext. 4 and ask to speak with our shipping coordinator.
We would love to help with any questions or concerns! Please call us at (608) 634-3181 ext. 4.
Returns / Refund Policy
If you are not satisfied with your order, please call us directly at (608) 634-3181 ext. 4.
Due to the perishable nature of our products, we are unable to accept returns. If you receive a damaged or defective product:
- Please contact us immediately but within 15 days of arrival.
- Please send a photo documenting the product damage to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know if you are requesting a refund or exchange.
- Please do not send your purchase back to the manufacturer.
We will do everything possible in hopes of the perfect arrival of your package, but cannot be responsible for damaged or compromised product due to but not limited by the following:
- Delayed deliveries due to but not limited by high shipping volume, COVID-19, weather, “Acts of God”, etc.
- Incorrect addresses – Please be sure to include apartment, suite or floor numbers, as needed.
- Unopened shipments – meaning if a package arrived at destination and was set aside, not refrigerated for a duration of time. All boxes are clearly marked “Perishable”.
- Gift shipments sent to recipients who are out of town or otherwise unavailable to receive their shipment. Please notify recipient of the pending arrival of perishables!
- Items that have been discarded or consumed.