Healthy Homemade Alfredo Sauce
Dec 30, 2021
You can have your pasta and eat it too with this recipe! Blend award-winning Westby 4% cottage cheese and a few other ingredients to have yourself a tasty and creamy alfredo sauce without all the extra preservatives and additives. And it has 11 grams of protein per half-cup serving to help keep you fuller for longer.
For an even more healthful meal, sneak in some broccoli, spinach, mushrooms or any other vegetable your heart desires. For even more protein, add in cooked chicken or shrimp.
- 22 oz. container of Westby 4% cottage cheese (Use 2% for a low-fat option.)
- ½ cup Westby grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp dried basil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2-3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 12 oz. package of fettuccine pasta (Or any pasta you like.)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta according to the package directions. Reserve ½ a cup of the pasta water for later.
- In a large saucepan, heat 1 tsp of olive oil over medium heat. Add in finely chopped garlic cloves and toast for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Beat cottage cheese until it has a smooth, sauce-like texture with kitchen tool such as food processor, high-speed blender or hand mixer. Add in seasonings and stir.
- Pour cottage cheese sauce into the large saucepan from before and combine with toasted garlic.
- Drain pasta and add to sauce. Add a few splashes of the reserved pasta water and toss until the sauce has evenly coated all the pasta.
Garnish with more Westby grated parmesan cheese and fresh parsley and it’s ready to serve.