Sour Creamy Cucumber Side Dish
Jan 13, 2021
Sour creamy cucumber side dish is an excellent pair with savory meats and often graces holiday dinner tables. But why wait for a holiday to enjoy the healthful benefits of the crisp and cool cucumber? Did you know cucumbers contain vitamin C, vitamin K, fiber, magnesium, potassium and manganese? Dressed up in Westby’s rich sour cream, this unassuming garden vegetable becomes a side dish superstar.
- Two medium-sized to large-sized cucumbers
- ½ cup Westby sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 ½ tablespoon freshly chopped dill
- ½ teaspoon salt per cucumber
- Dash of pepper (to taste)
- Fresh chives to garnish
*Pro tip: The amount of fresh dill, salt and pepper can be adjusted to individual preferences.
- Peel and slice cucumbers.
- Place in bowl and gently fold in ½ teaspoon of salt per cucumber.
- Place in fridge and let rest for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Remove from fridge and drain liquid away.
- In separate bowl, combine ½ cup Westby sour cream, tablespoon of vinegar, freshly chopped dill, dash of pepper.
- Whip mixture with a fork.
- Add drained cucumbers to sour cream mixture and gently fold together.
- Garnish with chopped chives if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers with a lid on the bowl and enjoy for up to four days after making.